Year-after-year Ford decides to do something innovative with their vehicles; whether it’s under the hood, or interior/exterior design and styling. For 2013 and the Mustang, it’s no different! Ford has introduced this new technology called Track Apps within the dashboard that essentially turns you into a race car driver and returns corresponding data back to you. Only two things are required to have fun with the apps – a track and a 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500!
Ford claims it’s the most powerful production V8 available. Acceleration from 0-60 is a miniscule 3.7 seconds with 200 mph being the published maximum speed. This baby gives you 662hp @ 6500 RPM as well as 632 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 RPM. All this while maintaining its Road Ruler status for the daily commute and the weekend track.
Alright, let’s talk Track Apps! The screen is located on the dashboard between the tachometer and speedometer and is accessed by the 5-way switch on the steering wheel. Having this functionality would normally require a good deal of external equipment but Ford has taken that out of the equation and made it easy to transform the 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 into a toy whenever you so desire.
One last thing while we’re talking fun ‘n games. The new Mustang has Launch Control which helps you cleanly break away at 3000 or 4000 RPM with the push of a button.
Mustang owners asked for a little more out of their cars and Ford listened. Just like the Shelby Mustang GT500, Track Apps is allot of fun to use, but should be used on a track. Speed freaks and geeks like us will find it very easy to use and whether or not it makes you a better driver and racer is totally up to you!
Incoming search terms for the article:
- ford mustang speed
- mustang shelby 2013 interior
Top Posts & Pages
- The Many Cars of Eric ‘Slowhand’ Clapton
- 1972 Porsche 916 – one of only 11 made is on the market for $495,000
- Top 10 Greatest Muscle Cars of All Time
- Rendered Speculation: AMG Mercedes-Benz Citan Concept
- Next-Generation Honda Accord Tourer Wagon Rendered
- Volkswagen Ending Camper Production After 63 Years
- Top 10 Ugliest Cars of 2018
- Aston Martin DB9 transformed into DBS by edo competition
- Land Rover Pickup Truck Concept Rendered
- Top 10 Worst American Cars of All Time
What users are searching for…
- 64 chevy malibu ss
- vw jetta in music song
- porsche 916
- eric clapton diecast car for sale
- eric clapton car collection
- porsche 916 for sale
- advertisement about porsche car
- jeep grand wagoneer 1991
- Hot Rod magazine roadtest 1970 Hemi Cuda
- Aston Martin
- Car Shows
- Electric & Hybrid
- Land Rover
- Shelby American
- Top 10 Lists