Chevrolet, founded by racing pioneer Louis Chevrolet 100 years ago, celebrates its performance heritage with the 2012 Centennial Edition Corvette.
The racing-inspired 2012 Centennial Edition package will be available on all Corvette models, including the Z06, ZR1 and Grand Sport.
“Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by Corvette. The Centennial Edition not only celebrates our 100 years, it once again pushes Corvette forward for a new generation of sports car fans.”, said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing.
As previously stated, Chevy really gave the Centennial Corvette a “sinister” look. This special edition will only be available in a black carbon flash metallic paint job, with black graphics, satin-black wheels, red brake calipers, and a matching black interiour colour scheme with red stitching.
Chevrolet also designed a special Centennial Edition badge which includes a ‘100’ logo instead of the traditional Corvette fleur-de-lis symbol. All models will also feature an image of the man who designed the first ever Chevrolet car almost 100 years ago, Louis Chevrolet, that will appear on the B-pillars, wheels, and at the centre of the steering wheel.
These all black Vettes will be loaded with top-notch technology, including the fast reacting “Magnetic Selective Ride Control” suspension. The alloys wheels will be available in 18″ and 19″ for the Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport models and larger 19″ or 20″ for the Z06 and ZR1.
Pricing will be available this summer, shortly before the first deliveries.
The Corvette is being built since 1953, and has been produced in six generations, each of them with a great impact on automotive history. “America’s pride” was also backed by a few astonishing prototypes.
In almost 60 years of history, Corvette also proved itself out on the track. From the Grand Sport to the C6-R, Corvette was more than just a beautiful road car. And who could forget the Indy 500 pace cars driven by Chuck Yeager, Parnelli Jones or Emerson Fittipaldi?
Incoming search terms for the article:
- corvette sinister
- satin black paint job
- sinister corvette
- red and black rims with red brakes
- black and red corvette
- corvette centennial
- black corvette with black rims
- satin black metallic paint
← Older postsSearch for:
Top Posts & Pages
- The Many Cars of Eric ‘Slowhand’ Clapton
- 1972 Porsche 916 – one of only 11 made is on the market for $495,000
- Top 10 Greatest Muscle Cars of All Time
- Rendered Speculation: AMG Mercedes-Benz Citan Concept
- Next-Generation Honda Accord Tourer Wagon Rendered
- Volkswagen Ending Camper Production After 63 Years
- Top 10 Ugliest Cars of 2018
- Aston Martin DB9 transformed into DBS by edo competition
- Land Rover Pickup Truck Concept Rendered
- Top 10 Worst American Cars of All Time
What users are searching for…
- 64 chevy malibu ss
- vw jetta in music song
- porsche 916
- eric clapton diecast car for sale
- eric clapton car collection
- porsche 916 for sale
- advertisement about porsche car
- jeep grand wagoneer 1991
- Hot Rod magazine roadtest 1970 Hemi Cuda
- Aston Martin
- Car Shows
- Electric & Hybrid
- Land Rover
- Shelby American
- Top 10 Lists